Friday, October 10, 2014

Whole Foods Smoked Mozzarella Chicken Pizza



We enjoy pizza.  
Recently we tried a couple of Whole Foods 14 inch Smoked Mozzarella Chicken Pizzas.  
Just an entertaining little ditty about our experience:
Our pizzas were covered with Jalapeno Peppers. Now, most everyone does Not like the spicy little peppers.  Thus, I removed most of the jalapeno peppers (okay, all of them off of one pizza and half off the other).  
The directions for baking the pizza are difficult to read as they are printed small and shoved at the bottom of the list of ingredients.  Apparently this Smoked Mozzarella Chicken Pizza has Lots of ingredients because the baking directions are cut off!  Seriously!  The directions say:  
TO BAKE:  PRE-HEAT CONVENTIONAL OVEN TO 425 DEGREES. REMOVE OUTER WRAP AND PLACE ON A SHEET PAN, WITH PARCHMENT PAPER IF


And that is where the instructions end. 
Um, I was hoping for a cooking time.
I've baked plenty of pizza in my time, so I defaulted to normal frozen pizza cooking time, about 20 minutes.  Thankfully I decided to call Whole Foods just to double check.  A very nice Hope in the Deli answered and went to look on another pizza there to see cooking times.  7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown.  She was correct.
Now, I didn't bother with the baking sheet, I just put the pizzas directly on the oven rack.  
Since the pizzas were big, I had to put them on different racks on different sides of the oven, and after 4 minutes, I moved the top pizza to the bottom rack and the pizza that had been on the bottom rack to the top rack. I also moved them so the "overlapping" pizza was not still overlapping.  
After 8 minutes of baking, the pizzas were nice and melty cheesy.  



The cheese was Very cheesy -- a little Too cheesy for some of ours. The pizza was also a little spicy from the jalapenos -- even after removing them from the pizza before baking. Not too spicy, but you Can taste that they were there.  All the pizza we eaten, though.  And when they were all gone, they still wanted more.  We enjoyed our Whole Foods Smoked Mozzarella Chicken Pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment