Saturday, March 8, 2014

How to Make Berries Last Longer


I was just scanning other blogs and this one from Passion for Savings caught my eye: 
How to Make Berries Last Longer!
I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds like it would be worth a try (small batch first to make sure that I Really can not taste the vinegar)  :)

All you need is White Vinegar and Water and a Large Bowl.
Combine 4 Cups Water with 1/2 Cup Vinegar in a Bowl
Place Berries in the Vinegar/Water Mixture to kill the bacteria on the Berries and then remove and lay on a towel to dry. This helps the berries last so much longer! My kids go through a container of Strawberries a day sometimes so I will often buy 4-5 containers and this helps those last few containers last and look fresh even after several days!
Tip: As long as you let the Berries Dry Completely you won’t taste the Vinegar, this evaporates into the air and there is no flavor left behind.
for more information, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment